Greene County Medical Center
1000 West Lincolnway
Jefferson, IA 50129
Phone: (515) 386-2114
Fax: (515) 386-3695
Long Term Care
I hope you find all that you are looking for to help you make a decision about the Long Term Care facilities here at Greene County Medical Center.
Family members can rest assured that the wishes of our residents are at the center of care.
We strive to reach the needs, wants and preferences of our residents. After all, Long Term Care is their home. Our goal is that residents participate in their plan of care at all levels.
It is our philosophy that each resident is treated with dignity, kindness, and utmost consideration. At Long Term Care, we invite our residents and their families to contribute to their own personal care. To do this, we work with the resident and family to develop an individualized plan of care that addresses physical and emotional changes and encourages residents to attain their maximum level of independent functioning.
By providing opportunities and encouraging residents to make choices in their daily living, we enhance their independence and maintain their quality of life.
Please review all we offer on these pages - and if you have questions, please feel free to contact me.
Linda Bills, RN
Long Term Care Director
Why choose Long Term Care at Greene County Medical Center?
We strive to make our facility truly the "home" of our residents. Our staff become extended family in many ways - and takes a vested interest in the residents they serve. Many things we offer are more than you might find elsewhere. Below is a listing of the many offerings we think will make Long Term Care at Greene County Medical Center, the home you choose:
- We are pleased that our nursing staff alone has approximately 180 years of experience total which is an average of 15 years PER nurse. Nurses are required to continue their education throughout their careers and attend continuing education throughout the year.
- We are fortunate to have CNAs that have many years of experience. A large number of our CNAs have more than 10 years of work experience-we are proud to have aides working here that have 20 and 30 years of experience! Our certified nurses' aides are extremely vital to the care of our residents.
Residents' Rights are taken seriously
- We focus on residents' rights and promote independence
- Residents & families are educated about their rights upon admission by our social worker
Proximity to Healthcare
- Our location is very appealing to residents and families. We are just an elevator ride away from the main hospital, laboratory, radiology, physical therapy, McFarland Clinic, and the emergency department -- just to name a few.
Nutritional Services and Dining Options
- We have two registered dietitians on staff who follow the nutritional status of all residents.
- We provide 3 main meals each day with snacks available throughout.
- Residents have the opportunity to select food items from a menu for each meal.
- We encourage visitors to dine with residents any time and provide complimentary meals to residents' spouses.
- We have a certified restorative aide that works with several of our residents; she helps resident maintain and gain strength with exercise
- We utilize the full Physical rehabilitation of the Greene County Medical Center on a regular basis.
Consistent Care Approach
- We use what we call a "consistent care partner" approach to care. This means that each side of LTC has consistent nurses and aides that work with the same residents daily. This allows our staff and residents to build relationships. The staff knows how their residents want things done-residents don't have to constantly train each staff member to their preferences. Also, staff members can detect changes in their residents because they see them practically every day.
- We have a full time activity coordinator that plans activities to meet residents' social needs. She offers many group activities as well as assists residents who prefer self-directed activities. Resident preferences and varying abilities are considered and she adapts the activities to meet individual needs.
- 3 main areas of activity focus are recreational, religious, and educational.
- The activity coordinator is licensed to drive LTC's bus and takes residents on outings like horse therapy, area dining experiences, and community events.
- We have 4 family rooms within the facility. These are equipped with comfortable seating and are available to residents and their guests.
- Three of the family rooms have restroom accommodations in them.
Laundry and Housekeeping Service Provided
- We have housekeeping services around the clock.
- Laundry service is provided.
- We have a beauty shop on site that is staffed by a licensed beauty operator.
- It is staffed regularly Monday thru Friday.
- We give residents the option to bathe in the whirlpool tub or shower.
- Cable is provided at no additional cost.