Jefferson, Iowa – Heart Disease is responsible for more deaths in America then all forms of cancer combined, causing one out of every four deaths. That means about 659,000 people in the United States die from heart disease or its side effects each year and about 805,000 people in the United States have a heart attack each year. The good news is, Greene County Medical Center can help you monitor your heart health.
February is American Hearth Month and there is no better time to start working on you heart health. Greene County Medical Center has many services available to ensure a healthy heart. Greene County Medical Center offers:
Care Management Cardiac services, call 515-386-0169 to schedule.
- Cardiac Testing including stress tests, stress echocardiograms, 30-day cardiac event monitoring, and more.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation for those who have recently experienced a heart attack, coronary artery bypass surgery, valve surgery, heart transplant, balloon angioplasty and coronary stenting and other possible diagnoses.
Cardiology Services, call 515-386-2488 to schedule.
- Cardiologist Dr. Craig Stark is at Greene County Medical Center on the first and third Thursdays of each month to provide procedures and clinical hours for a variety of cardiac diagnoses.
Family Medicine Clinic, call 515-386-0500 to schedule.
- Routine physicals by your trusted Family Medicine Provider.
- Wellness Screenings that do not require a physician order are offered Monday – Friday 7am – 5pm. For more information please visit www.gcmchealth.com/laboratory.
“At Greene County Medical Center, we pride ourselves in providing patient-centered care. We do that by Investing in You and the care you deserve. Whether you are getting your cholesterol checked in our Lab, a routine physical at the Family Medicine Clinic, working with our dietician to ensure a heart healthy diet, or needing cardiac rehab, we are here to help you understand your heart and keep it healthy,” says Emily Christensen from Greene County Medical Center Care Management. “We want to help you get well and stay well, and by putting your health first we can create a happier and healthier Greene County. If you have questions about your heart health, talk with your provider.”
February is American Heart Month, and 90% of women have at least one risk factor for developing heart disease. Risk factors for heart disease include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and smoking, but several other medical conditions and lifestyles can also put people at risk including diabetes, overweight and obesity, unhealthy diets, excessive alcohol use and physical inactivity.
Talk with your provider today and schedule your heart appointments at Greene County Medical Center. For more information go to www.gcmchealth.com or call 515-386-2114 to schedule.
Greene County Medical Center - Always Here, Always Caring.