Greene County Medical Center Announces Additional Visitor Restrictions Due to Continued Increase in Greene County COVID-19 Cases.
Effective Friday, October 1, 2021 acute care will not be allowed visitors with the exception of pediatric patients; clinics and medical care departments will be allowed one companion or support person with a patient if deemed medically necessary; and long term care will continue with compassionate care visits only.
In order to protect our patients and our team members, additional visitor restrictions are in place at Greene County Medical Center. As Greene County continues to see a daily increase of COVID-19 cases, limiting exposure by limiting visitors at the Medical Center becomes critical in order to have a workforce to care for our patients and communities.
We also want to reiterate the importance of getting vaccinated. The vaccine is a safe and effective tool in helping us get back to normal and keeping our community safe is our top priority. Although the Medical Center implemented a vaccine mandate recently, team members have until October 29 to be fully vaccinated.
“We understand these visitor restrictions may be difficult but in order to continue to provide care to our community we must further protect our team members from exposure, along with continuing to provide safe care to our patients,” stated Susan Moore, Chief Nursing Officer at Greene County Medical Center. “While we are committed to providing a family-centered care environment, right now restricting visitors is in the best interest of our patients, staff and our entire community.”
- Must be free from any signs of illness including: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, vomiting or diarrhea, fever 100.0 or greater, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or a new loss of taste or smell
- Should not be high risk for severe disease
- Screened by personnel upon entry of Medical Center
- Always remain in the patient room as appropriate, which includes no access to the cafeteria or other common areas
- Must wear mask and follow instructions if additional PPE is required
- Must practice hand hygiene when entering and exiting the patient room
- Must social distance
- Siblings under the age of 18 aren’t allowed to serve as a companion or support person
These guidelines are temporary and subject to change.
Full list of our updated visitor restrictions and guidelines