Prenatal and Postnatal Share Care
Valerie Martin, ARNP, Women's Health Clinic provider, is in a collaboration with the UnityPoint Clinic OBGYN - Waukee and Clive to offer prenatal and postnatal "Share Care" obstetrics services. The "Share Care" model means that low risk pregnancy prenatal care is available from Valerie here at Greene County Medical Center. Unless referred earlier for concerns, all care will be referred to UnityPoint Clinic OBGYN - Waukee and Clive for appointments and delivery at Methodist West or Iowa Methodist Medical Center at 34 weeks in the pregnancy. Valerie will work closely with the UnityPoint Clinic providers to ensure you have the best possible care.
Valerie's medical background includes:
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
University of Cincinnati College of Nursing
Master of Science in Nursing
Post-Master's Certificate as a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
Valerie's previous experience includes 13+ years in obstetrics nursing, midwifery, prenatal and postpartum care.
The UnityPoint Clinic providers are located in Waukee and Clive and deliver at Methodist West in West Des Moines and Iowa Methodist Medical Center in Downtown Des Moines.
UnityPoint Clinic OB/GYN - Waukee
40 East Hickman Road
Waukee, IA 50263
UnityPoint Clinic OB/GYN - Clive
12339 Stratford Drive
Clive, IA 50325
All of the providers for both the Waukee and Clive locations can be reached at one phone number for your convenience: 515-263-9107
UnityPoint Clinic OB/GYN - Waukee and Clive clinic and providers: Click here
Schedule & Appointments
Valerie is available at Greene County Medical Center weekly Monday - Thursday for clinic hours. Appointments can be made by calling 515-386-2488.
Details of the collaboration
- Valerie performs a thorough clinical assessment and consults with UnityPoint Clinic OB/GYN - Waukee and Clive providers to determine whether there are any risk factors.
- If UnityPoint Clinic - OB/GYN determines the patient's pregnancy is low risk, Valerie will continue to care for the patient.
At 20 weeks the patient is to be seen by UPC for a consultation and ultrasound.
If still low risk, Valerie Martin will continue to manage the patient's pregnancy.
At 34 weeks, the patient will start to have all appointments in Central Iowa with the Waukee and Clive providers at either the Waukee or Clive clinic.
- Your electronic medical records system allows your medical record to be accessible from any location and enables Valerie and your OB/GYN to communicate at all times.
- At any time, if the pregnancy is determined high risk or complicated, all obstetric care will be referred to UnityPoint Clinic in Waukee or Clive.
- Postnatal care resources available at Greene County Medical Center include:
- Neonatal care for the child from our Pediatrics provider, Dr. Holly Van de Voort, in the Greene County Family Medicine Clinic.
- Postpartum care, contraception, resources/help, and referrals as needed from Valerie Martin in the Women's Health Clinic.
- Greene County Public Health has multiple available resources from help with breastfeeding, immunizations, developmental screenings, and many free prenatal and developmental care programs.