HOPES (Healthy Opportunities for Parents to Experience Success) is no-cost program credentialed with the Iowa Family Support Network. Families can participate in a voluntary in-home visitation program that provides guidance related to prenatal, infant, toddler and children's development to age three.
- Prenatal education and delivery preparation
- Newborn, toddler and child health and development information and referrals
- School readiness and social skills
- Whole family development and goal setting
- Classes and social events that educate parents and promote interaction among children
There is no charge for this program, thanks to support from state and local governments and private funds.
Benefits of HOPES
- Families receive current information on child development, child health, parent/child interactions and parenting skills.
- Families learn to access available community resources.
- Families obtain assistance in locating health care providers.
- Families develop a trusting relationship with a family support worker as they confront the daily challenges of parenting.
- Families have access to the Baby Boutique, a free prenatal incentive program to encourage healthy pregnancy habits.
For more information or to enroll, contact Public Health at 515-386-3228.