Greene County Medical Center Foundation
Be a GREENE BACKER today - a Greene County Medical Center supporter!
Greene County Medical Center provides necessary healthcare services to you, your family, and your neighbors and friends and plays a major role in economic viability of our communities. From temporarily suspending surgeries to increased resources and supplies needed during the pandemic, the Medical Center has been greatly impacted financially.
As a Greene Backer, you help support:
· Our mission of being Always Here, Always Caring
· Quality health care services for our community
· Patient centered care equipment needs
· Community health education and programs
· Scholarships for local students pursing a health care career
· Continued support for our staff and Medical Center during the pandemic
Four Easy Ways to Donate!
- Use the Greene Backer Campaign link. https://app.mobilecause.com/e/-QJ4fw?vid=lfslh
- Text GreeneBacker to 41444
- Cash or Check to Greene County Medical Center Foundation.
- Scan the QR Code.
We can do even more with your support!
Your donation to the Greene County Medical Center Foundation is a direct gift to countless members of our community who rely on us for everything from emergency care, routine healthcare check-ups, surgeries and rehabilitation, and improving quality of life. Previous donations have made a tremendous impact in our community including:
· Medical Center building addition and improvements
· 3-D mammography machine
· LOGIQ e ultrasound machine
· And much more!
Donations can be made by check, cash, gifts in honor or memory of a loved one, pledges, securities, grain and by leaving the Medical Center in your will. For questions, to make a donation, or talk about planned giving, please contact: Nancy Houska, Greene County Medical Center Foundation Director, 515-386-0108 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone can give to the Foundation. Gifts are never too big or too small and come in many forms.
Types of gifts include:
- Bequests - through a will or other form of estate plan, a deferred gift can express an appreciation beyond current means.
- Beneficiary - designating the Foundation as a beneficiary of a retirement plan, life insurance, an annuity, or a will, is a way to allow your gift to go beyond your lifetime.
- Cash - always an acceptable donation in any amount.
- Charitable Trust - various trusts can be used to extend the value to the donor and the Foundation.
- Honarariums - gifts are often given in honor of another living friend, family member or community who has touched your life. It's a concrete way to say, "thank you."
- Memorials - many list the Foundation as the recipient of memorials after the death of a loved one.
- Property - this can include a gift of securities, insurance policies, and real estate. In a rural community it is quite common to include the Medical Center as a recipient of farm property.
- Securities - stocks, bonds and mutual funds can be donated.
As a 501(c) non-profit organization, gifts to the Greene County Medical Center Foundation can provide many tax-saving opportunities. These can be discussed in more detail with your attorney or tax advisor.
Ways to Give
All gifts are deeply appreciated and significant. Click a button on the right to make a one-time donation to the Foundation, or to set up a recurring donation plan. You may also mail your donation by filling out the form located in the Foundation brochure, also found on the right, and mailing it to: Nancy Houska, Greene County Medical Center Foundation, 1000 W. Lincoln Way, Jefferson, IA 50129.
Grateful Patient Program
If you or a loved one have received care at the medical center and would like an opportunity to express your gratitude, you can do that by making a monetary gift to the Foundation as part of our Grateful Patient Program. Grateful patients can share their story as part of our donor recognition.
Honoring Care Givers
If you would like to make a gift honoring a staff member who was particularly helpful to you, we will present that employee with a gold heart lapel pin and a letter of appreciation.
Every donor is recognized for his or her gift with a thank you. We publish a bi-annual newsletter called "Always" (formerly "Milestones") and list all donors for the appropriate time frame.
A benefactor screen is prominently displayed in the lobby of the medical center, recognizing the following:
- Benefactors - cumulative giving of $1,000 through $9,999
- Special Benefactors - cumulative giving of $10,000 through $49,999
- Distinguished Benefactors - cumulative giving of $50,000 through $99,999
- Major Benefactors - cumulative giving of $100,000 or more
Any donor who funds a complete wing or major addition may participate in naming this portion of the medical center.