Child health clinics provide care to Medicaid and other low income households with the ultimate goal of a healthy child from birth to 18 years of age.
Child & Adolescent Health Services
- Dental screenings and fluoride varnish
- Care coordination and referrals for various community resources
- First Five care coordination
- Hawk-I--The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is offered through the Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa (Hawki) program. Iowa offers Hawki for uninsured children of working families.
- Child Passenger Safety Program
Lactation Consultant Services
Lactation consultant services are provided to both expectant and breastfeeding moms. Evaluation, education and support are provided in the Public Health office and through home visits. The goal of these services is to empower moms to breastfeed their babies successfully, because of the many added benefits for mom, baby and society.
For more information about any of the services listed above, please call Public Health at 515-386-3228.