Reasons for Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Diagnosed with chronic lung disease
- Have ongoing breathing issues
- Issues are impacting quality of life
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is design to not only enhance quality of live, but to help patients maintain or improve their exercise tolerance, decrease hospital stays and increase independence and understanding of the individual's pulmonary disfunction.
Included in the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- Respiratory assessment
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Six-minute walk test
- Nutritional assessment with dietitian
- Psychosocial assessment
- Monitored exercise program
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long is the program?
- Pulmonary rehabilitation is a six-week program for approximately two hours per day.
How do I get into the program?
- If you have a chronic pulmonary disease, you can be referred to our program by your primary care provider or another healthcare professional.
Will my insurance cover it?
- Pulmonary rehabilitation is covered by most commercial insurances as well as Medicare and Medicaid for up to 36 sessions of Level II services. Once you complete Level II, you can choose to continue the program on a maintenance basis (Level III) and pay out-of-pocket expenses.
- Greene County Medical Center offers financial assistance to qualified individuals. More information is available by contacting the Financial Assistance Counselor at 515-386-0278.
Other questions on Pulmonary Rehabilitation can be directed to 515-386-0469