HOPES (Healthy Opportunities for Parents to Experience Success) is a voluntary in-home visitation program that provides guidance related to prenatal infant, toddler and children's development to age 3.
- Prenatal education and delivery preparation
- Newborn, toddler and child health and development information and referral
- School readiness and social skills
- Whole family development and goal setting
- Classes and social events that educate parents and promote interaction among children
There is no charge for this program thanks to support from state and local governments and private funds.
Benefits of HOPES
- Families receive current information on child development, child health, parent/child interactions and parenting skills.
- Families learn to access available community resources.
- Families obtain assistance in locating health care providers.
- Families develop a trusting relationship with a family support worker as they confront the daily challenges of parenting.
- Families have access to the Baby Boutique, a free prenatal incentive program to encourage healthy pregnancy habits.