Maternal Child Health
Maternal child health clinics provide both prenatal and postpartum care to Medicaid and other low income women with the ultimate goal of a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.
Maternal Child Health Services
- Prenatal medical and dental assessment
- Health and nutrition education
- Psychosocial screening and referrals as needed
- Care coordination and accessing various community resources
- Assistance with delivery and breastfeeding plans
- Postpartum home visit
Child health clinics provide various services to Medicaid and other low income children from 0-18 years of age.
Child Health Services
- Developmental screenings
- Dental screenings and fluoride varnish
- Care coordination and referrals for various community resources
- Social worker visits to assist families to meet their goals
Lactation Consultant Services
Lactation consultant services are provided to both expectant and breastfeeding moms. Evaluation, education and support are provided in the public health office and home visits. The goal of these services is to empower moms to breastfeed their babies successfully with many added benefits for mom, baby and society.
For more information about any of the services listed above, please call Jill Juergensen, Maternal Child Health Coordinator, or Becky Wolf, Public Health Director and Certified Lactation Consultant, at 515-386-3228.